As its top strategic objective, ARAWC’s mission includes protecting and promoting the Texas Option and its distinct, proven advantages. Consequently, the association actively pursues:
- Expanding and improving understanding of the advantages of the Texas Option through educational meetings, information distribution and collaborative, active dialogue with members and industry experts.
- Clarifying the critical differences between responsible Texas employers with a formalized nonsubscription benefit plan (Texas Option), and an employer who offers no coverage or response plan.
- Working collaboratively with legislators and regulators, like the Texas Department of Insurance and U.S. Department of Labor, to help them better understand the Texas nonsubscriber environment while furthering this dialogue in Washington, DC and Austin.
- Promoting new research and building upon prior studies that support the superior statistical performance and employee satisfaction found under the Texas Option.
- Providing interested parties with documented evidence, research, case studies and testimony that provide compelling proof of the clear-cut advantages and remarkable employee and employer outcomes of the Texas Option.
We are fully committed to seeing the Texas Option model of nonsubscription thrive locally in Texas and beyond.