Positive Impact on South Carolina
- Works hand in hand with workers’ compensation with mutually reinforcing objectives, creating better outcomes and lower costs through competition.
- Embraces Choice: Does not eliminate traditional workers’ compensation system — South Carolina employers able to choose whether to participate.
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation will still control formal employer qualification process and be involved in claim appeals and dispute resolution process.
- Provides South Carolina with competitive advantage over other states without an Option.
- Lowers governments costs as claims move into a competitive market environment.
- Implementation of an Option will reduce unwanted litigation: South Carolina currently has the largest payout to Claimant’s Attorney’s in the Southeast.